Monday, January 1, 2018

2017/2018

I've been giving serious thought to the year we've just finished, as well as what lies ahead in 2018.

Truthfully? 2017 stank writing wise!

There was too much non-writing stuff going on that affected the writing, the most major of which was when I had to take that large chunk of time off in October because of my mother's passing.

While I prefer not to go into details, some of the delays and interruptions were my fault, for I shouldn't let things that are out of my control get to me the way they do.
Other matters, like my heart condition and overall health, are facts of life that I deal with the best I can.

In any event, I wound up having only one short story published in 2017, and that was "The Merciless Mermaid" I co-wrote with my friendly neighborhood beta-proofreader Nancy Hansen for TALES FROM THE HANGING MONKEY, VOLUME 2 from Airship 27.
Then again, that was a 2016 submission.

While another 2016 submission "The Adventure of the Artful Forger" is scheduled to see print in Airship 27's eleventh Sherlock Holmes collection, unfortunately I made absolutely no submissions in 2017! 😭

That has GOT to change, and it WILL change!
The only thing I managed to keep up with last year was my responsibilities as Editor-in-Chief of The Free Choice E-zine.
I let myself down over the course of the previous year, but more seriously: I let all my readers and fans down too.
For that, I most sincerely apologize.
Yet if I keep looking back, I'm going to get absolutely nothing accomplished.
It's time to move FORWARD!

I'm still awaiting word on when work will resume on Jim Beard's 1970s project, but even though I'm sitting in a comfy chair when I write, it's time to get my butt in gear.

Although there were a couple of false starts that might wind up being reused/recycled later, I'm finally on track with the third HUGH MOON, PRIVATE DETECTIVE novel, which will be subtitled FEMME FATALE.

After HUGH there's PROJECT ALPHA-BOOK 3, the new idea I've been kicking around for awhile, and some other creative endeavors I want to pursue. The latter will include another visit to the Victorian Era and a companion dragon.

What else might 2018 hold in store?
At this point, I honestly don't know, but I intend to find out.
Take care, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
1 January, 2018       





Note: all links were active when this was originally posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment