Sunday, January 28, 2018

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JANUARY 27, 2018


HUGH, THERE'D BE DRAGONS!

I started out this past week working on HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE, BOOK 3: FEMME FATALE when my plans got changed.

Back in 2017, my friendly neighborhood beta-proofreader asked me if I'd like to contribute to the Companion Dragon universe of stories that already featured Lazlo, Waxy, and Copper.
Of course, I jumped at the chance to work with Nancy Hansen!

We discussed at length who would be "my" dragon, and how the character would fit into the overall plans for the series, including the fact that sometime in the future (and when right now is anybody's guess), there might be a team up of ALL the dragons!

There was no deadline at the time, so imagine my surprise when Nancy contacted me and asked if the first draft of the novella (30,000 minimum to 35,000 words max) would be ready this spring! 😲

Now, it's not like I hadn't been working on it at all. But between various attempts and versions of what is now shaping up to be FEMME FATALE for HUGH, as well as the 1970s Project for Jim Beard (which unfortunately is still on hold as I post this), along with a couple of other things besides life's interruptions, I only managed to do a little over 9000 words on the story.

So guess what I've been working on this past week? 😉

I'm now nearing the 15,000 words mark as of this Progress Report. As soon Nancy is over her unfortunate bout of the flu, I'll send her what I have so far for review and go back to HUGH in the meantime.

Ah, the life of a writer.
I better get back to "work" now.
Take care, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
28 January, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment