Sunday, February 4, 2018

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING FEBRUARY 3, 2018

I reached a decent stopping point (at 16,000+ words) on the Companion Dragon novella I'm writing for series editor (and my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader) Nancy Hansen and e-mailed it to her for review.

Until I hear back from her on the subject, I've returned to working on HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE, BOOK 3: FEMME FATALE.

See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
4 February, 2018

Wow. I didn't plan it this way, but that was kind of a short Progress Report, wasn't it?
Tell you what folks.

😎BONUS TIME!😎

The following is a brief snippet from FEMME FATALE. Ready?

...It was still a couple of hours before dawn as I felt my girlfriend’s hand tighten its grip on mine.

We were standing in the Public Viewing Room of the Galveston 2 morgue, which was in a below ground level tier of the City Services Tower. Except for the trim around the projector of the wall mounted holo-monitor and the control panel next to it, the space was all white in color. Even the floor, ceiling, and chairs for visiting mourners were the same bland, sterile looking hue.

We were there to see the body of...
...but being here was something Sandy insisted upon. Until she saw for herself, Sandy was unwilling to believe the news.

It was a solemn, but relatively quick event. In a low but gentle voice, the Grief Attendant on duty asked if she was ready. Sandy just silently nodded her head as the woman in the all white uniform activated the viewing screen.

One brief look was all it took. Sandy turned her head away and started crying again after confirming the identity of the deceased. I held my girlfriend close, trying to comfort her as I just stared at the mortal remains of...

No comments:

Post a Comment