Sunday, January 7, 2018

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JANUARY 6, 2018

Well, it's certainly been a busy week for me.
Writing wise, I spent every moment I could going over HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE, BOOK 3: FEMME FATALE Chapters 11-13 now that I've got the edited copy back from my friendly neighborhood beta-proofreader.

On the other hand, the blizzard Thursday certainly wasn't a lot of fun.
Had to go out Wednesday to fight the mobs at the store to lay in extra supplies, just in case.
Why everyone suddenly goes into "headless chicken mode" during such events is beyond me.
The objective is just to have extra stuff on hand for a few days, not to be able to survive until the zombie apocalypse is over. Right?

Thankfully the power never went out, but that wind!
Being originally from the southern Gulf Coast, I know what it's like to deal with a Tropical Storm, let alone a hurricane, and blizzard winds are certainly no fun either.
Especially the cold!
It has not gotten above the 20s for afternoon high temperatures in my neck of the woods since before Christmas!
There have even been a few nights when the official low temperature turned out to be a negative number!

One thing you have to remember, besides the fact that climate change is real.
Not only do the warmer days grow hotter, but the winter days get colder!
In any event the worst is (allegedly) over, for now, and it's supposed to get ABOVE freezing for a few days during the coming week.

Speaking of which, I'll be creating fresh words on the HUGH manuscript as soon as I finish going over all of Nancy Hansen's notes; although work will be paused on Wednesday for a doctor's appointment.

So take care, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
7 January, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment