Sunday, September 3, 2017

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 2, 2017

WRITING VERSUS HURRICANE HARVEY...

What writing I managed to accomplish this past week was all on HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE, BOOK 3; so I can honestly claim progress on that project.
Chapter 9 went to and came back from my friendly neighborhood beta-proofreader Nancy Hansen, and I am on Chapter 10 now.

But this past week certainly wasn't an easy one to deal with!
While I have touched upon this subject in the past, sometimes real life does intrude upon one's creative endeavors.
Case in point...

Although I now reside in the wilds of New England, I'm originally from Texas, with a whole lot of family and friends still residing in The Lone Star State.

The Texas Gulf Coast was recently hit by Hurricane Harvey.
Now, anyone with either common sense or past experience dealing with hurricanes can tell you the best advice is: "Whatever direction the storm is headed, go the opposite way!"
However, if that course of action isn't available, you hunker down preparing for the worst and hope for the best.
That was the only option open to my family, so you can imagine how worried I was about them as Hurricane Harvey came and went, then looked like it might come back again before the storm finally decided to move on.

Hurricanes are a very serious matter, and I'm certainly not about to downplay the subject.
Thankfully, being on the north side of the Houston area, my family weathered the storm (no pun intended) with minimal damage.
The water came up to the wrong side of the sidewalk, but rose no closer to their house.
They did lose electricity for awhile, but their power has since been restored.
The worst they were experiencing when last I talked to them were long lines at the grocery stores, a shortage of perishable foods at those establishments, and avoiding anyone attempting to raise their prices to take advantage of the situation.

Others weren't as fortunate.
If you can give to the relief efforts down there, please do so.
If it isn't possible, I understand.
In any event, have a good week, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
3 September, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment