Sunday, August 27, 2017

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING AUGUST 26, 2017

THERE'S ONLY 24...

My editing hat
Had to wear my Editor's Hat for a while this past week helping out my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader Nancy Hansen, while she in turn looked over what I have so far of that "New Idea" I've been working on.

Don't want to disclose any details about it since the "New Idea" is still in its infancy, but otherwise any real writing time this past week was devoted to HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE, BOOK 3.

Okay, I'm going to be totally honest with everyone and admit that for whatever reason(s), this one's been kicking my @$$.

Who is Hugh?
I know part of that was being caught flat footed in need of a new plot when Tommy Hancock at Pro Se Press suggested pushing back what I originally had planned for Book 3 until Book 4 to build up the suspense and mystery some more, because I intended to explore the skeletons in his closet and reveal exactly who this person who calls himself Hugh Monn really is.

Another part of the equation is unfortunately getting distracted by other things like the "New Idea" and Jim Beard's 1970s project. For those wondering why I haven't mentioned it lately, due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, the 1970s project has been pushed back to a 2018 deadline for a 2019 release. More on this as it develops.

There are just so many hours in a day. Chores, errands, doctor appointments, other life commitments...
In the end it does all add up.
We may not like the results, but we can't escape the math.

And on that note, I better get back to writing now.
Take care everybody, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior—who is now also on Twitter @leehoustonjr
27 August, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment