Sunday, November 30, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 29, 2014

Okay, there was a little more progress than I expected there to be this past
week, considering there were more interruptions than I was originally aware of.
Besides the Thanksgiving holiday, I welcomed a new niece into the world!
Both mother and child are doing fine.

On the writing front, have finished going over Chapter 10 of ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON; and my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader has Chapter 11, but the new grandmother is now fighting a cold, so I'm not sure when she will be getting to it.
Meanwhile, I am in the transition scene between Chapters 13 and 14.

As for Thanksgiving itself, had a lovely time with friends and family. Even chatted long distance with some kin back where I originally hailed from too.
Christmas shopping is far from done, but as I said in my Free Choice E-zine editorial, I refused to go out any of the "Black Friday" period because opening a store at SIX PM on Thanksgiving night was just plain ridiculous in my humble opinion.
I DID patronize some local establishments yesterday on "Small Business Saturday", and will probably do some shopping tomorrow on "Cyber Monday", but I refuse to go to any establishment that puts profits before people on a family holiday.
Your mileage/opinions may vary.

But to close out this week's Progress Report, I'd like to share with you the poem I post as part of every Black Friday editorial.

SOME DARE BRAVE THE GLOOM OF BLACKEST NIGHT, 
QUESTING FOR BARGAINS UPON THEIR TREK,
HITTING EVERY SALE BEFORE DAYLIGHT.

ME? I PLANNED WELL AHEAD.
NO NERVES, CREDIT, OR CAR SUFFERED WRECK.
JUST RESTFUL SLUMBER WITHIN MY OWN BED.


Well, back to writing now.
See you around the Internet!
Lee Houston, Junior
30 November, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment