Sunday, November 23, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 22, 2014

Well, it's been a mixed week folks.

Had my every other year eye exam this past Tuesday. Reading glasses prescription needed a bit of tweaking, but otherwise my vision is still 20/20.
However, the exam entailed having my eyes dilated, which cost me the entire day writing wise.

Art by Marc Guerrero
But most of my time at the keyboard has been spent going back over Chapter 10 to ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.
No, the chapter was not that bad.
However, my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader wanted me to go back over my facts and make sure that all the details I used about thermal imagery were accurate.
While doing so, I found some exciting new information on the subject, which led to creating a couple of new scenes and rewriting a few others, which resulted in resubmitting the chapter back to Nancy Hansen for another review.

So you can see why I've always been pro-research.
Thermal image of a cat!
Not that my original data was wrong, but if I hadn't found the new information, I wouldn't have done the extra work and you the readers would not have a better chapter when the book comes out next year.

But what does thermal imaging have to do with superheroes?
The idea of using heat sensitive equipment to detect objects has some serious applications in the real world; like detecting lost people at night, discovering a missing person in the midst of a fire, possibly finding some forms of cancer within a patient sooner, etc.
The hotter the part, the brighter the color display on the scanner display.
So if someone were to go looking for an invisible superhero...

AH-HA! Now you get it!
The way I see it; a "plain" superhero, someone who just has a special skill like judo or archery, would probably show up on a thermal scan just like any other human being.
But someone who has actual power(s) would probably read a little higher.

Meanwhile, the plan for this week is to get as much as humanly possible done around the Thanksgiving holiday.
Monday and Tuesday should be productive. Wednesday is iffy and I'll be surprised if I accomplish anything writing wise Thursday beyond posting in my capacity as Editor-In-Chief of The Free Choice E-zine.
But the only place I intend to be on the dreaded shopping frenzy known as "Black Friday" is in a very deep conversation with my pillow until my normal wake up time that day.

So in any event, I better get back to work now.
Have a great week, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
And I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
23 November, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment