Sunday, November 16, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 15, 2014

AH... THERE'S GOOD NEWS THIS WEEK!

While I am still unfortunately fighting the remnants of this dang cold (stuffy nose and the occasional cough), I am well into Chapter 13 of ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON and have gotten both Chapters 9 and 10 back from my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader Nancy A. Hansen!

I have gone over 9 and made the appropriate corrections and tweaks, but have not completed reviewing Chapter 10 yet, before I resume working on 13.

Hope to have both 10 and 13 done this week, and will send Chapter 11 off for review while I begin work on 14.

Considering all the revisions, changes, and outright restarts this book has had; since I am technically on the fifth attempt of a first draft for the manuscript, I'm uncertain what the final chapter count will be. But I do foresee having the novel done within the next two-three months for a 2015 release date.

Meanwhile, a lot of Alpha's fans have been asking me: "Where is he?"
After I explain over extending myself on short story commitments and trying to get everything right in Book 2 since I'm laying down crucial foundations for the future of the series, they want to know where exactly the "mysterious planet" is that Alpha spends most of WAYWARD SON visiting.

Well, I've debated long and hard on whether or not to say anything about that.
After all, I certainly don't want to spoil everything and spill the proverbial beans before you've gotten a chance to read the novel.
But since you've been such a great, supportive audience to this humble scribe, I've decided to present a clue.
The "mysterious planet" is somewhere in the image below.
Ready?

Identify the galaxy, and you've narrowed the search to 1 "corner" of the universe.

Okay. I've "talked" enough for one post.
Better get back to work now.
See you around the Internet!
Lee Houston, Junior
16 November, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment