Sunday, March 16, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING MARCH 15, 2014

Sadly, not sugar free
Well, I survived Pi Day (March 14, 03.14), although I couldn't find a bakery with a sugar free chocolate meringue; and the infamous Ides of March (March 15th).

Got a lot of work done on a variety of stuff.
Did some prelim work on a couple of new projects that I want to get to this year (including some plotting on what will be the third HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE book), and even made progress on ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.

There is even a potential new short story anthology on the horizon that at the moment is only in the initial planning stages. I hope it comes to pass, for I am excited about the concept behind the book and really want to write the story I pitched.

And of course, there are always my responsibilities as the Editor-In-Chief of The Free Choice E-zine.

As to the week ahead?
At the moment, I have absolutely no idea how much creative work will be accomplished over the next few days.
I have a cardiologist appointment on Monday, a regular doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and my annual dental exam on Wednesday.
Busy week, huh?

For those who came in late, I have SURVIVED both congestive heart failure and an aortic aneurysm!

Life has been rough at times, and my health isn't as great as the average 52 year old man's might be, but on the bright side, I am still alive and kicking!

Writing is something I have wanted to do since at least junior high school, if not earlier in life.
Being a writer not only brings me pleasure and gives me a creative outlet to express myself, but it also seems to be the only occupation anyone is willing to consider me for.

Okay, I've spent enough time on the soap box.
Take care and I'll see you around the Internet.

Lee Houston, Junior
16 March, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment