Monday, March 10, 2014

SINGULARITY, RISE OF THE POST-HUMANS' NEW INFORMATION!

As told in yesterday's Progress Report, I can now reveal more details about the forthcoming anthology: SINGULARITY, RISE OF THE POST-HUMANS!

The book is to be published sometime later this year by


And concept creator Jamie Ramos has released the following background information about the series that all the participating contributors can share with their fans...

"In the year 2030, the technological Singularity event encompassed the world. Man no longer controlled the evolving super-sciences. Seed A.I. groups began taking control of broad-based neural-nets and developing life forms.

"Mankind tried integrating full techno-biological based Transhuman soldiers in an attempt to turn back the Singularity. The Transhuman armies rebelled against mankind and wanted to take over the world and re-shape society to reflect their values.

"War erupted between the technology based Transhumans and the United World Government and the Seed A.I. Nanite armies. The Great War of Transhumanity began and the world exploded and burned with technological based instruments of brutality. Humanity lost its soul. Five years of devastating war between the Humans, Transhumans, and the ever-increasing Nanite Army of Fire began reducing society and technology to ashes and cinder.

"Telecommunications and satellites failed. Computers and the Internet no longer held the spark of life. The world is a dark, nightmare. Mankind’s numbers are reduced as the world governments dissolve. Chaos ran rampant and Mankind was no longer living at the top of the food chain.

"By the year 2050, history was no longer recorded. The Nanite armies began eating themselves and the darkness slowly faded. The fires had reduced the Earth to a mere semblance of its former glory. It was in 2050 that I began to rebuild society. My first step was the city of New Southampton in what was left of England. I used the technology of steam to usher in a new world and vision based upon an age of civility. I knew that the Nanites would not thrive in a steam environment and I placed my labs deep down into the depths of shadow beneath the city that I held so dear.

"By the year 2060 my research center in the depths began development of a new power source that would fuel my steam and my laws and slowly bring Mankind back to an age of Enlightenment.

"But I was wrong. However well-intended my work was, it blew up like a volcano of Creeping Green radiation! The utopian steam-society I was creating was cast in a green-hued din. Mutants were now seen emerging from the recesses and strange stories emerged with urban legends of secrets that lay in the Nether-world of the Crater of Noxious Adversity.

"It is now 2075. A woman named Anne Eliza Wintersmith has declared herself Queen of New Southampton. She spreads fear with her army, the Regulators of Discord. The Queen is ruthless and conniving, imprisoning anyone that opposes her. The citizens cry out and beg for salvation. A unique collection of individuals have heard these cries of anguish. I call them The Posthumans. They are a group that shall soon come together as heroes and right these wrongs and gain freedom for the oppressed. The Posthumans do not see this vision yet. They have not put on the mantle of heroes yet, but they have heard the calling. I wish that I could be there to see them Rise.”- Dr. M.E. Fulbright.

AND WHAT A LINE UP FOR THE ANTHOLOGY!


I honestly don't know at this moment if the image above lists the stories in actual order of appearance, but I will definitely be sharing more information with you as we get closer to a release date.

Until then, see you around the Internet! (While it's still here?)
Lee Houston, Junior
10 March, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment