Sunday, March 2, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING MARCH 1, 2014

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Charles Dickens' opening line from A Tale of Two Cities was certainly true in my case this past week.
ALPHA

With that short story commitment off to its publisher, I concentrated solely upon ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.
Tweaked a few passages here, added some new words there.

With six complete chapters, over one-third of the finished manuscript, I was doing great until this dang cold struck Wednesday afternoon.

Now trust me folks, catching a cold was far below even the very last thing I wrote on my things to do list.
My nose is all stuffed up. My throat feels like sandpaper. My voice is hoarse and it feels like a herd of elephants is tap dancing on top of my head.

The more formal name for the common cold is the "Rhinovirus", according to Wikipedia. But seriously, does this look anything like a Rhino to you?
Rhinovirus cell, close up

It looks more like Tundro from Hanna-Barbera's The Herculoids to me!
Tundro, side view













Since then, about the only thing I've accomplished was honoring my Free Choice E-zine commitments over this weekend and posting my weekly progress report now.
Hopefully I will be back at the keyboard full time, if not at full capacity, within the next 24-48 hours.
Hugh Monn
There are a few handwritten notes I'd like to get more formally transcribed, and I would definitely like to get ALPHA 2 finished so I can begin work on the third volume in my HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE series!

But for now, all I can do is hope I don't run out of tissues and chicken soup, and see if I can at least teach those tap dancing elephants some choreography!

See you around the Internet!
Lee Houston, Junior
2 March, 2014

All images either provided by the author or Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment