Sunday, November 1, 2020

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 31, 2020

Cover art by Rob Davis
Well, with this {censored} pandemic😷 not only in full swing but apparently on the rise again, I didn't get any Trick or Treaters👻 out my way and it was an ideal Halloween🎃 too between not only being on a Saturday but with a full moon🌕 as well!
That combination won't happen again until 2039!

In any event, besides promoting SHERLOCK HOLMES, CONSULTING DETECTIVE VOLUME 16, now available in both Print and Kindle E-book from Amazon; I spent time wearing my Editor's Hat making my second pass on the SOLITAIRE manuscript before I send it on to my Friendly Neighborhood Beta-Proofreader.

Editor's Hat
 I know this may seem like a lot of work to some people.
After all, the story's written, why not go on to the next project?
I will, but first I want to make sure the current project is as good as humanly possible.

I will definitely start whatever turns out to be next on my agenda while Nancy Hansen is going over the SOLITAIRE manuscript, and then pause that when she's done and it's time for me to review her thoughts on the book.
THEN I'll submit it to a publisher and resume what I was working on at the time.

WHY?
Why not?
Besides, I want to make sure readers enjoy what I write and hopefully will want more, and you certainly can't achieve that objective by cutting corners and just submitting first drafts.
Otherwise you wouldn't get very far in the publishing world.
So with that in mind I better get back to it.
Take care.
STAY SAFE! 😷
And I'll see you around the Internet.

Lee Houston, Junior
1 November, 2020




No comments:

Post a Comment