Sunday, September 8, 2019

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 7, 2019

♫If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...♫

On one hand, I had a great writing week!
The Muse???
Was hoping to work on my Sherlock Holmes story more than I actually did, but my Muse came a'calling and I wound up spending most of my writing time on The New Idea.
Not that I have anything against that but as a minor novella (still thinking it will come in under 25,000 words), Holmes is closer to being completed than the novel The New Idea is turning into. So I was hoping to be close to, if not actually finished with, the first draft of "The Adventure of the Unimaginable" by the time I posted this.
One thing I have learned the hard way over the years is that you do NOT argue with your muse when she comes to visit.
You argue with her and you wind up with a bad dry spell when nothing gets accomplished writing wise.

Anyway...
This week I was hoping to get back to Holmes, but the way my agenda looks at the moment between appointments and other matters, any writing time I do get before posting my next Progress Report will be on The New Idea because
it's a lot easier to work on something set in the present than a period piece.
Especially such a well established one as Sherlock Holmes in the Victorian Era.

Oh well.
And for those wondering about the Muse image accompanying this post.
When I started searching for a potential Muse image, I found it on Google in the Clip Art Options among all the generic Greek Muse pictures and thought she was cute.
No idea who the artist(s?) is, but since it was listed as Clip Art, I'm assuming it's free to post.

In any event, I better get back to writing now.
Take care, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
8 September, 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment