Sunday, March 31, 2019

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING MARCH 30, 2019

Okay...
It took me a couple of days thinking, but I believe I have a NEW plot to base a SHERLOCK HOLMES tale on!

Now usually, I like to keep my plots fairly open so that if a new idea occurs to me while I'm writing, that there is the possibility of using it in the current project.
However, I have found from past experience working on HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE that when it comes to mystery stories, you need to have an even more detailed plot than you would on any other type of adventure because you need to have all your clues, suspects, motives, alibis, etc; organized for the reader to solve the case with the detective(s).

A plot's plotting
This seems to be especially true with Sherlock Holmes.
Maybe it's from working with such a prestigious character.
Maybe it's just because, since I'm writing such a well known character, that I feel that every word of every sentence has to be as perfect as humanly possible.
After all, regardless of the job and the task, who wants to willingly commit a mistake and make an @$$ out of themselves?

Readers, writers, other creative people. We're all human.
Even Sir Arthur Conan Doyle himself "killed off" Sherlock Holmes once because he found the challenge of writing the Victorian era consulting detective difficult.

In any event, I do have a new plot now, so back to writing!
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
31 March, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment