Sunday, March 3, 2019

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING MARCH 2, 2019

CELEBRATE!
ZEPHYR LILY IS IN JIM BEARD'S HANDS NOW AS PART OF HIS UPCOMING 1970s ANTHOLOGY PROJECT!

I sweated over every word and punctuation mark in that tale, finishing close to 9,700 out of a 10,000 word limit and feel it's some of my best work to date.

Now, don't get me wrong.
I try to do my human best on EVERYTHING, but this one was near and dear to my heart, being based in the period when I was growing up and first discovered comic books.
I've previously mentioned both my love of the comic book genre and my wish that I could be a writer of them too, but this is about as close as (unfortunately) I'm gonna get for the foreseeable future.
While a straight prose story (no images), "Hunter/Prey" harkens back to the early days of Len Wein's Swamp Thing, Marv Wolfman's Tomb of Dracula, Sheldon Mayer's Black Orchid, and much more.

I hope I don't get whiplash as I "time travel" from the 1970s back to the far flung future to finish going over HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE, BOOK 3: FEMME FATALE next.
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten very far into that as I post this, so that will probably be most (if not all) of this week, especially since I'll be taking Tuesday off to celebrate my birthday!


So take care everyone, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
3 March, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment