Sunday, August 2, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING AUGUST 1, 2015

Here's where things stand at the moment on ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON...

I have finished writing Chapters 16 and 17!
However, because of stuff that she has to deal with, my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader has yet to review either of them.

Meanwhile, I am working on Chapter 18.
How many chapters remain to be written is uncertain.
There are points I still want to cover before Book 2 concludes, so I won't be surprised if there is a Chapter 19, but whether or not the count reaches 20 (or beyond) remains to be seen.

WHY?
As I've said before, while I do plot, my plots are not completely set in stone.
I like having the flexibility of including new ideas when they come along that go great with whatever I'm writing at the moment, along with the freedom to toss whatever doesn't work if necessary.
After all, technically this is the fifth attempt at completing the manuscript for ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.

Writer's block, missing that infamous left turn at Albuquerque, call it what you will. As you can see by the graphic on the right, a LOT goes into the creation of any novel or short story.

Although the readers have the final judgement, I will not submit any manuscript until I have done the best I am humanly capable of.
But this time everything is going great and the end is in sight!

Gotta get back to writing now.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
2 August, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment