Sunday, March 22, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING MARCH 21, 2015

Okay, once again there has been progress on ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON this past week, but it may not seem like it until you read further along.

I got Chapter 15 back from Nancy Hansen, my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader.
However, when all is said and done, Chapter 15 turned out to be only four pages long.

While there are no rules in regards to how long a chapter should be, that just didn't seem right to me, so I folded in what would of been Chapter 16 into Chapter 15 to make a longer chapter.

So Chapters 15 + 16 = 15.

In return, that now makes what was Chapter 17 actually Chapter 16.

Chapter 17 - 16 = 16.

Great juggling act, isn't it?

Reminds me of that classic Looney Tunes moment when Bugs Bunny tries to convince Daffy Duck that "this week was next week last week".

The story is actually where it should be at the moment, rushing towards a climax to resolve everything.
Just the chapter divisions are different than they were this time last week.
And of course, Chapter 15 is now once again with my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader.

So maybe this week was next week last week after all?
In any event, take care, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
22 March, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment