Sunday, March 1, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING FEBRUARY 28, 2015

George Harrison penned a classic song with the line
"Little darling, it's been a long, cold, lonely winter"
and truer words were never sung.

A day above freezing since the first of the year has been rare. Most February nights have been near, if not BELOW zero!
As much as I love Harrison's tune, I unfortunately won't be singing the rest of it any time soon. Another 6-7 inches of snow is predicted before Monday morning (March 2), with more snow possible Wednesday and Thursday this week.
We should start seeing a gradual warming trend, at least during the days, afterward; although the nights will still be below freezing for the foreseeable future.

So, what does all of this have to do with ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON?
I'm afraid there really hasn't been much progress this week.
Chapter 14 is back from my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader, and I am working on Chapter 15.
Otherwise, I've been battling the winter woes this past week.
Trying to stay warm, keeping the wood stove going, trying to stay warm, keeping up with the rest of the housework, trying to stay warm, trying to figure out why the car won't start so I can go grocery shopping, trying to stay warm...

Did I mention trying to stay warm?

In any event, hopefully this coming week will be more productive.
At least, I will definitely be staying inside where it's warm!

Take care, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
1 March, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment