Sunday, March 15, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING MARCH 14, 2015

Okay, there WAS progress this past week, but it might not seem like it until I explain.

I've finally gotten Chapter 15 of ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON back from my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader Nancy Hansen. Meanwhile, I've been bouncing between Chapters 16 and 17 of the manuscript while waiting for 15.

With me so far?

Now then, I started going over 15 when I realized something was off, so I double checked Chapters 16 and 17.

I had the sequence of events wrong!

The bad guy sprung his trap before Alpha was even in the area!
It was like everyone jumping out of hiding to yell "Surprise!" at a party and the guest of honor hadn't even shown up yet.

This is why I not only double check my work, but also have my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader on hand.
Can you imagine how embarrassing it would have been to submit the manuscript as is with that glaring mistake?

Thankfully we're not talking another major rewrite here, because this is my fourth attempt to complete a first draft on Book 2, since I'm trying to build the foundation for the future of the ALPHA series with this novel.
Followers of this blog can go over all my previous posts to see how things went up to this point.
In this case, I just have to rework and juggle sections of 15, 16, and maybe 17.
Either way, Nancy will be getting Chapter 15 to go over once more sometime later this week.

So I better get back to work now.
Take care, see you around the Internet, and Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
Lee Houston, Junior
15 March, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment