Sunday, January 4, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JANUARY 3, 2015

Before we get down to the new business of a new year, there is a bit of leftover old business from 2014 that must be addressed first.
Filling Blank Spaces closed out the previous year at 2,231 page views!
I would like to personally thank all my readers and fans for visiting this site and seeing how I'm doing.
Now then...

This past week has been quite exciting on two fronts.
Writing wise, I'm almost done with Chapter 14 and sent Chapter 13 of ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON to my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader Nancy Hansen, who sent it back to me with some heartfelt notes and critiques; which promptly had me going back over the chapter for some serious revising.
It has since been sent back to her once more and I eagerly await her opinions.
Concurrently, the remainder of Book 2 IS plotted out, I just have to commit it from notes and memory to actual reality.

Otherwise, I have not been idle, for on the other front, I have been wearing my editor's hat a lot this past week too.
While she had Chapter 13, Nancy asked me to beta/proofread her next installment of THE KEENER EYE, her private detective series.
The story is tentatively scheduled as a future Single Shot from Pro Se Press.

ALSO, I am in the middle of reviewing TWO stories for that future superhero anthology from Mechanoid Press I keep mentioning on this blog. I've almost finished Lisa M. Collins' contribution, and Thomas Deja's awaits.  When those are done, I will be returning to work on ALPHA 2.
More on the anthology as things develop, for not every tale has been submitted yet.

So in any event, I better get back to work.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
4 January, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment