Sunday, January 11, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JANUARY 10, 2015

What is it about the number 13?
People have been superstitious about it for countless generations.
In my case, I will make sure the first reading session of a new book stops after page 13, and I will not stop in the middle of a writing project on page 13.
WHY?
Dang if I know, but I bring this up because Chapter 13 to ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON seems to be my main stumbling block at the moment.
It is kind of an intermission period between the big event in the first half of the novel, and what is to come in the latter pages.
Alpha
I've rewritten it twice already to make the information more interesting than just a standard "info dump" chapter, yet I don't want events in this section to either contradict what has already happened, nor do I want to tip my hand about what will happen in the future.
Then again, maybe what they say about "The third time being the charm" will come true in this case, because I have sent the third revision of this chapter back to my friendly neighborhood proofreader Nancy Hansen for review, and should get it back with her thoughts later this week.

Meanwhile, I've been privileged to read three more short stories in that upcoming superhero anthology I've been teasing everyone about in some of my more recent progress reports. Lisa M. Collins, Thomas Deja, and Jim Beard himself have now submitted their stories.
I've reviewed them and sent Jim my thoughts on each. Until the remaining tales arrive, I'm back at work on ALPHA.

See you around the Internet!
Lee Houston, Junior
11 January, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment