Sunday, January 18, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JANUARY 17, 2015

Got a LOT accomplished this past week, so let's review.

Read the next two stories for Jim Beard's upcoming superhero anthology. Sam Gafford and Bonnie Sterling both submitted wonderful tales.

The Free Choice E-zine, of which I am its humble Editor-In-Chief, celebrated its 1400th Blogger post today, as Waxy Dragon talked about her vacation down on the farm for the Sunday Funnies.







And then there's ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.
On one hand, I not only finished writing Chapter 14, but also got a good start on Chapter 15 too.
However, Chapter 13 came back from my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader with a note saying it still needed work.
I just don't know what it is about that chapter!
There IS a lot of important information within that chapter that I need to share with the readers. However, I'm being told it needs more action. Otherwise, it's just a lot of "blah, blah, blah". You know, like that sound effect in all the Peanuts specials when an adult is allegedly talking off screen.
The problem isn't that I'm not capable of spicing it up with more action to make the chapter more interesting.
The situation is trying to come up with the appropriate action.
I do not want to contradict anything that happened within the first 12 chapters, nor do I want to tip my hand in regards to what happens in the remaining chapters.
So I definitely have an interesting challenge before me.

Well, I'll figure out how to accomplish this balancing act in time.
Better get back to work now.
See you around the Internet.

Lee Houston, Junior
18 January, 2015











No comments:

Post a Comment