Thursday, January 1, 2015

LOOKING FORWARD AND BACK (2014/2015)

As I begin my second full year of maintaining a writer's blog, although the actual second anniversary of Filling Blank Spaces won't be until later this year, I decided that New Year's Day would be a perfect time to not only look back over what I've accomplished during the previous year, but to look ahead at what's on my creative agenda.
So let's briefly turn the page back to...
Sadly, I seriously over-extended myself on short story commitments this past year. On one hand, I did manage to honor ALL those promises and made every deadline, but alas, that seriously pushed back my novel writing, so ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON and any other book will not be released until later in 2015 at the earliest.


However, THREE of those short stories were released in 2014!

*THE DEATH DEALER in The New Adventures of Diamondstone the Magician, Volume 1; from Pro Se Press/Pulp Obscura/Altus Press


*WOLF HUNT featuring Sheriff William “Bat” Masterson meeting Little Red Riding Hood, appeared in Once Upon A Sixgun, Volume 1 from Pro Se Press; AND

*CAPTURED featuring the Man In Purple appeared in The New Adventures of The Man In Purple, Volume 1; from Pro Se Press/Pulp Obscura/Altus Press.

Looking ahead, most of the remaining short stories should appear sometime this year, including TWO from Airship 27, at least one from Pro Se Press, a superhero adventure from Mechanoid Press, and one from New Babel Books!

Alpha
On the writing agenda for this coming year...
*First and foremost is to finish the manuscript for ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON and get it to the publisher so all the superhero's fans can read it at last. Book 1, PROJECT ALPHA presented his origin and first adventure, while Book 2 lays the foundation for the future of the series.

After losing Shambala, can Alpha find a new home amongst the stars?

*Once that is completed, I have TWO, and only 2, short story promises to honor, for I will not make the same mistake twice.
One is a Sherlock Holmes tale for Airship 27, and the other I'm afraid I can't talk about at this time.
Hugh Monn

*But once the short stories are done, then I will finally get started on whatever the third book in the HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE series will be.

And of course, all of this is on top of my duties as Editor-In-Chief of The Free Choice E-zine and whatever else comes along.
Looks like 2015 is going to be a busy year.
I better get started on it first thing in the morning after breakfast.
Good night everybody, surf the Internet safely, and don't forget to tip your waitstaff.

Lee Houston, Junior
1 January, 2015.

All books mentioned above are available in both print and e-formats through Amazon and other fine retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment