Sunday, January 26, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JANUARY 25, 2014

The two things that sum up this last week perfectly for me are the weather and short stories.

Photo by the author/blogger
On one hand, it has not gotten above freezing here in the New England area of the United States where I reside since January 19th! And the earliest predictions for it being above 32 degrees Fahrenheit again is "sometime in February"!

While they have since been manually taken down for safety reasons, the icicles last week reached over four feet in length at their peak, no pun intended.

Photo by the author/blogger

Elsewhere, another short story I wrote last year for a forthcoming anthology came back to me this past week for editorial review, and one of the two short stories I am committed to thus far this year has now been pushed to the forefront of my agenda. Originally it did not have a deadline, although I had been working on it off and on as time permitted; but now lacking my contribution to that anthology is the only thing keeping the publisher from going to press on the project.

I can't let my fellow contributors down, so I am concentrating my creative efforts on that and hope to have it finished before the end of the month so I can return to work on Alpha, Book 2: Wayward Son.

Between all that, my Editor-In-Chief responsibilities to The Free Choice E-zine, and trying to stay warm; I've had a busy week. Hope your week went well.

See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
26 January, 20104


No comments:

Post a Comment