Sunday, December 15, 2013

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING DECEMBER 14, 2013

Oh the weather outside is frightful 
But the keyboard is so delightful
So as long as the power stays on
Let me write, let me write, let me write!

Although winter doesn't officially start until December 21st, one would think it has already arrived from the cold temperatures and snow on the ground. It has not gotten above freezing in my neck of the woods (New England) since December 9th, and the earliest prediction of it doing so again is December 18th!

Meanwhile, I have finished my short story commitments for 2013, and am back at work on Alpha, Book 2: Wayward Son. The first five chapters of that project are completed, and hopefully I'll have it completely done and submitted to the publisher before the Spring thaw.

Looking ahead: As soon as Alpha, Book 2 is done; I will immediately start work on Book 3 in the HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE series! So far, there are only two short stories currently on my agenda for 2014. Thankfully neither one of them actually has a specific deadline at the moment, but there are still a couple of previously written short stories in various publisher queues that await their debut. However, everything will be put on pause the next time I have to don my Editor's Cap, for I promised my friend and writing buddy Nancy Hansen that I would beta/proofread her next manuscript when it is ready. And of course there is still my Editor-In-Chief responsibilities for The Free Choice E-zine.

All that, and Christmas fast approaching with the New Year close behind!

Take care everybody!
Stay warm and I'll see you around the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment