Even if not on the novel in progress, it has been a long but productive week.๐
As far as the HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE prequel novel PRIVATE BATTLES is concerned,
while I'm still on Chapter 27, I have broken the 49,000+ word mark.
while I'm still on Chapter 27, I have broken the 49,000+ word mark.
That may not seem like much compared to last week, but this time it isn't because of the never ending battle of housework, errands, chores and other life commitments.
It's because I've been working on a HUGH MONN MARKETING STRAGETY!
When I finally finished cursing out the universe and pulled myself back together after the demise of his previous publisher in 2025, I've been trying to figure out how to get HUGH back into the public eye.
While writing the PREQUEL NOVEL as the beginning of a new series of books is a good start, there is still a long way to go.
Once I've finished the PRIVATE BATTLES manuscript and find a new publisher, I'll need to reintroduce HUGH to a new audience as his existing fans welcome back the Private Detective of the Far Flung Future.
So I've taken "DINEENA'S DILEMMA", the very first short story from the previous HUGH MONN collection (Book 1 from the original publisher) and have reread, amended and reformatted it for magazine submission consideration.
It has already been sent to the first possibility. If they say no, then I'll send it on to the next.
If they say yes, then I'll prepare "SHORTAGES", the next short story in the original collection and the debut of fan favorite Big Louie, for possible submission.
More on the short story front when I hear something.
Yet whatever happens with the short story submissions, at least I'll have already done some preliminary work preparing them for eventual inclusion in BOOK 2: EARLY DAYS of HUGH's new continuity.
In any event, I better get back to writing now.
Take care.
STAY SAFE!
Have a great week and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
13 September, 2026


No comments:
Post a Comment