Sunday, January 24, 2016

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JANUARY 23, 2016

Still wearing my editor's hat, but have finished going over the second Lazlo Dragon volume of Companion Dragon Tales for my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader Nancy Hansen.

There are some pretty funny tales in this volume, as anyone who has read Lazlo's debut in A FAMILIAR NAME can attest.

Once Nancy finishes going over my work, she will be sending it on to Pro Se Press for future publication. When exactly that will happen remains to be seen, for at that point it's out of our respective hands.

Have started going over the completed manuscript for PROJECT ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON!

Alpha
Besides wanting to make sure the novel reads well as a coherent whole, I wanted to see if I can tighten up my prose any. It started at 71,041 words and at the end of the first chapter, I have only trimmed 12 off so far.

I'll admit, it's kind of hard to edit your own work, but it's a task that must be done to make your creative endeavors the best they can possibly be. Which is why after I make my "final" pass, my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader will be going over it one last time as well.

As for what actually happens in Book 2...
Well, it does pick up events shortly after the conclusion of Book 1: PROJECT ALPHA.
Otherwise, you folks will just have to wait and see for yourselves when it (hopefully) comes out later this year from Pro Se Press.

But to make that happen, I better get back to work now.
See you around the Internet!
Lee Houston, Junior
24 January, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment