Sunday, January 17, 2016

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JANUARY 16, 2016

I spent this past week in Victorian England, working on the Sherlock Holmes story that I promised Airship 27.

I freely admit that it did take me a while to develop a plot that would be worthy of the famous consulting detective created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, for I have read and seen both good and bad adventures featuring the English sleuth, and certainly do not want my tale to be amongst those in the latter category.

My Editor's Hat ;)

However, while that adventure is far from finished, this week I must return to the present and will be wearing my Editor's hat for the foreseeable future.

First, I am going over the stories within the second Lazlo Dragon volume of Companion Dragon Tales for my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader Nancy Hansen, then I shall be making my last pass over the manuscript for PROJECT ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON to make sure it reads as a coherent whole and tighten what I can, for the first draft came in at over 70,000 words; and I didn't even get to do everything I originally had planned for that novel!

Any way you look at it, I've got a busy week ahead of me.
See you around the Internet!
Lee Houston, Junior
17 January, 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment