Sunday, January 3, 2016

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JANUARY 2, 2016

HELLO, and welcome to the start of a brand new year!
I sincerely hope the third day of 2016 finds everyone safe and sound.

Now then, exciting news! I have FINISHED Chapter 20 of PROJECT ALPHA: BOOK 2, WAYWARD SON!
Of course, it is now in the capable hands of my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader, and once it's settled, I still have to go over the entire manuscript to make sure it reads well as a coherent whole; but I should finally be submitting the novel to Pro Se Press by the first of February!

Project Alpha 2 IS coming!

Despite the false starts, mistakes, and life interruptions I've faced over this past year; a LOT of hard work has gone into the creation of this novel, and I'm happy to be so near completion now.

So, what ELSE did I accomplish in 2015?



Last year saw the following short stories published...

*IT ALL STARTED INNOCENTLY ENOUGH in the Judson & Gardner anthology as part of the Charles Boeckman Presents project for Pro Se Press

*THE SOUND OF OBEDIENCE published in Ghost Boy, Volume 2 from Airship 27; my first contribution to Captain Ron Fortier and Loyal Airman Rob Davis, but far from my last

*THE SUBSTANDARD QUINTENT: COME TOGETHER, and I co-edited Jim Beard's Super Swingin' Hero 1968 Special from Mechanoid Press; which was truly a great honor in and of itself and I look forward to working with Jim again...

AND
*THE UNFAIR FARE in Legends of New Pulp Fiction, the Tommy Hancock benefit anthology, Airship 27; which was truly a labor of love for all involved to help out one of our own.

You already know my immediate plans for the beginning of 2016. After PROJECT ALPHA 2, I still owe Ron and Rob a SHERLOCK HOLMES story, and then I'll start work on whatever will become HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE, BOOK 3.

Beyond that? Let's see what the new year brings.                Lee Houston, Junior
3 January, 2016


Note: All book links are active, although for some reason Amazon doesn't always list both print and Kindle editions in the same screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment