Sunday, September 13, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 12, 2015

So, how are things on the writing front this week?

First and foremost, I have to go over the galley PDF/proof for that Ghost Boy story I was invited to write earlier this year for Airship 27!

Alpha
Secondly,Chapter 17 to (PROJECT) ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON is done as far as both my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader and myself are concerned.
I am working on Chapter 18 now, and doubt the manuscript will go past Chapter 19, but that remains to be seen.
It will definitely be a 2016 release, for after I complete the first (fifth?, based upon the progress report history on this blog) draft of the manuscript, I definitely want to give it a final pass in its entirety before submitting the novel to make sure all the individual chapters that I have poured over and poured over read as a coherent whole.


Third(ly?), Airship 27 now has an October estimate for a release date on the Tommy Hancock benefit anthology LEGENDS OF NEW PULP FICTION and has asked all the contributors to post the flyer below wherever possible, so consider it done Captain Ron Fortier!
64 writers and 38 artists are involved in this work, and will be well worth your purchase and reading time when it comes out, with all proceeds going to Tommy and his family to help cover his medical expenses.


Fourth, I've been thinking about my agenda after ALPHA 2 is completely finished. Despite having already written a couple so far this year, I still have the two short stories I originally promised to write this year. Think I finally have a plot for a Sherlock Holmes story worthy of the great detective to submit to Airship 27 once it's written, and I still have that other tale that unfortunately I still cannot discuss in public.
Yet.
Hate to be a tease, but a promise is a promise.

Thankfully, neither project has an actual deadline attached to them, so I'm not late by any stretch of the imagination. One thing I have done in my writing career that I am extremely proud of is that I have never missed a deadline (to date) and I'm not about to start now if I can help it.

Have also started mulling over ideas for whatever will become HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE: BOOK 3; but that project will probably be a 2016 start, after ALPHA 2 and the two short stories.

Better get back to writing now.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
13 September, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment