Sunday, June 21, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JUNE 20, 2015

ANTHOLOGIES, ANTHOLOGIES, AND MORE ANTHOLOGIES

This past week's creative output has all been on anthologies.

FIRST, I proofread the last story for the Super Swingin' Hero 1968 Special, coming soon from Mechanoid Press, that I have been helping Jim Beard out with.
A prose homage to the late Silver Age of comic book history, this anthology will feature the creative talents of Lisa M. Collins, Chuck Miller, Robert Kennedy, Thomas Deja, Sam Grafford, Bonnie Sterling, Mark Halegua, Jim Beard, myself, and the legendary DAVID MICHELINIE!
No, you did not misread that last name.

SECOND, I am currently working on my contribution to the Tommy Hancock benefit anthology from Airship 27: The Legends of New Pulp.
As far as I know, and Captain Ron Fortier at A27 can correct me if I'm wrong, while enrollment on the project is closed, there are over 60 people signed up to contribute their creative talents in a benefit anthology to help Tommy and his family out with his medical bills.
At this point, I am a little beyond the half way point of the 4000 word minimum requirement. While I don't know what the exact final total will be (yet), I will definitely be finishing the story under the 8000 word maximum.

Afraid I don't know the release dates for the above books yet, but when I do...

Meanwhile, there was a third possible anthology that I might have contributed to in order to help someone else, but the person behind it has a narrow set of submission parameters for that project, and unfortunately I don't have anything that currently qualifies.
I wish both the project and the person it is supposed to benefit well.


So what does the week ahead hold in store?
Other than the fact that today's both the Summer Solstice AND Father's Day, the only thing I know for sure is that I'll be continuing work on my story for the Hancock benefit anthology.

Hope you have a great week, and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
(Not counting the subtitle, Anthologies was used once, anthology 5 times)
21 June, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment