Sunday, April 26, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING APRIL 25, 2015

Writers write, so do authors auth?

Seriously, is the difference between the two terms just a question of prestige, or is it something more?

I'm at my computer every moment I can possibly be when I'm not dealing with the other needs and prerequisites of life like sleeping, shopping, house cleaning, etc.
Yet no matter what I do, sometimes it just doesn't seem like enough.

Case in point.
Because Nancy Hansen, my friendly neighborhood beta-proofreader; is still unavailable right now, I've been concentrating on that invitational short story. I'm almost at the 10,000 word point (out of a potential 15,000 words max) and should be done with it by Mother's Day weekend.

When I'm done with the short story, I will get back to ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON. Hopefully by then she'll have the opportunity to review the last couple of chapters to BOOK 2, when she's not trying to honor her own commitments.

As they say, life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

In case you're wondering, I don't need her to go over the short story, because that's for a different publisher, who works under a different editorial process than Pro Se Press, where ALPHA and my other creation HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE call home.

Which kind of brings us back to my original question.

Do authors have the luxury of things like staff and personal assistant(s) to help them deal with whatever might keep them away from writing?
Or authing?
Or, despite the fancy career title, are they just like us writers who have to deal with everything one day at a time?

Oh well. I better get back to creating now.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
26 April, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment