Sunday, October 12, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 11, 2014

Well folks, I truly wish I had more news to report than I actually do concerning ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.

Picking up where I left off last week, Alpha will complete his first heroic mission on planet <???> in Chapter 9, and then Chapter 10 will deal with the aftermath.

Then Chapter 11 will cover the transition period between Alpha's first and second days upon this mysterious new world, whose name I keep hiding with <???>, as Act 2 of the novel begins.

But I'll also be honest with you.
I wish this novel was already done so I can go on to other writing projects.
Part of it is my own dang fault, concentrating so much upon short stories from January to the early Summer months.
Then there were some days that I honestly never had a say in the matter between life and other commitments. There have been times when it was just plain luck that I even got to the keyboard at all that day.


Yet I am still a firm believer in quality over quantity, and I will not just throw a bunch of words haphazardly into a manuscript and consider it a book.
YOU as the reader deserve the best possible work I can humanly create, and I shall give you no less.
Otherwise, I don't deserve your interest in my stories.

With that said. I better get back to work.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
12 October, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment