Sunday, September 28, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 27, 2014

My time is not always my own, as the other necessities and demands of life must be met.
This past week I had to see both my Primary Care Physician AND my Cardiologist, with the conclusion of both doctors being that I'm about as well as a man who has SURVIVED BOTH congestive heart failure AND an aortic aneurysm can be!
But there has actually been some decent progress this past week on ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON too.
Chapter 8 is complete!
I'm working on Chapter 9 now, and all is going well script and plot wise.
My only big concerns are time, or more specifically, the lack thereof; along with whether or not I shall wind up keeping the current chapter divisions as originally planned.
Either Chapter 9 and/or 10 may wind up shorter than originally planned.
I shall either combine the two or else make Chapter 9 part of 8 entirely, or split its material between 8 and 10 and renumber accordingly. I have already moved one section out of 9 into 8 because the overall narrative worked better with it there.
Will have to see how things turn out.
But after so many short stories this year, along with a couple of failed draft attempts and other problems that I have recounted in this blog (like the supporting characters I had to "fire" and recast) it's good that the manuscript is finally back on track!
Not sure when specifically it will be completed, for after the last chapter has been beta/proofread, will still have to go back over the entire manuscript from beginning to end to make sure it works as a complete book and no additional problems arose in between all the day to day writing.
Whether or not I manage to submit the manuscript before the end of the 2014 calendar year, you will get to read it in 2015!
In any event, I better get back to work.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
28 September, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment