Sunday, September 7, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 6, 2014

There IS good news this week!
I have not only finished the first draft on the short story that is due by Halloween, but I have also received Chapter 7 of ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON back from my friendly neighborhood beta/proof reader!

Nancy Hansen still has Chapter 8 to review, while I am in between Chapters 9 and 10 of the overall manuscript.

That may seem like a lot, but we are talking almost 25,000 words of a (minimum) 60,000 word novel. As I've previously said, between spending a lot of time on short stories and having to restart the manuscript a couple of times because I want this novel to be as good as humanly possible since it will be the foundation for the future of the ALPHA series, Book 2 will probably not be published until 2015.
The fault/responsibility for that is totally on my shoulders, but the manuscript WILL be finished this year!

ON THE AGENDA FOR THIS WEEK:
*Giving that completed short story a final proofread before submitting it.
*Finishing proofreading that novella for a friend, and sorry I can't talk more about that project; and
*Continuing to write ALPHA, BOOK 2.

Well, I better get back to work now.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
7 September, 2014

And considering what tomorrow is: LIVE LONG, AND PROSPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment