Sunday, July 6, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JULY 5, 2014

First and foremost, let us agree on one established fact.

Writers are human too.

We are not infalliable, and at times make mistakes just like anyone else on planet Earth.
The above is a segue to announce that for better or worse, I have hit a snag on ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.

The basic premise of the book is still valid.
After the conclusion of Book 1: PROJECT ALPHA, the fledgling superhero searches for his place in the universe, and maybe somewhere he can call home.
Unwanted equipment
It is in the details of trying to develop a supporting cast for the title character that life decided to throw a monkey wrench into the works.

One character was taking so long to set up, that he was on the verge of stealing the spotlight away from our hero.
The other I might as well have named "Mary Sue". This person was not a reflection of me, for I know the origin of the name, but considering how smart-aleky and perfect they were becoming...

Not mechanically inclined
So, going back over
everything and eliminating their material, depending upon the final outcome when I finish reformatting the remainder, has set me back to somewhere between Chapters 6 and 7.

The Free Choice E-zine is doing well, and my remaining short story commitment for 2014 technically isn't due until October, but maybe I'll work on that for a bit as a sort of "break" while I try to create a couple of new people for Alpha to interact with to replace the ones I "fired".

In any event, I need to get back to work, so I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
6 July, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment