Sunday, July 20, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JULY 19, 2014

YES! There HAS been progress this past week!

I got about half way through writing my last (known) short story commitment for 2014 when I just couldn't stand it any more, and went back to work on ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.

At this point, Chapters 1 and 2 are repaired; and I think they are much better now than they were before.
Working on Chapter 3 now. Not sure how much of the previous incarnation is salvageable, but we'll see how it goes.

As for my original problem...
Technically, I haven't replaced the two supporting cast members I "fired".
Then again, I may not do so at all.
Perhaps the problem was that I had too big of a supporting cast?
Not sure, but we shall see how it goes.
Still following the same plot, so the first half of the book will be pretty much as originally planned/written, just with two less characters, since the supporting cast didn't really come into prominence until then.
But how will that second half turn out?
Can't answer that question until I get there.

Meanwhile, The Free Choice E-zine just celebrated its 1300th post!

Better get back to work now.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
20 July, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment