Sunday, June 8, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JUNE 7, 2014

Looking for short stories
As a writer, I have tackled projects of various word counts throughout my career thus far.
I was working on Chapter 10 to Alpha, Book 2: Wayward Son; but instead this past week became Short Story Week.

My friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader Nancy Hansen sent me back her opinions on the short story I sent her for review, so naturally I stopped everything to go over it before sending the tale to its prospective publisher.

As I said during my Blog Hop post, I try to make everything I write the best I humanly can, but one of the things I'm still learning about my craft is when to say "The End" to a project, because I came up with several other ideas while editing. A few I actually incorporated into the tale, and some I saved in case I ever get invited to write a sequel.
Back to work!

Between that, The Free Choice E-zine, and what life thought I should be doing in what I laughingly refer to as my "spare" time, afraid I didn't get back to Alpha last week at all.

But, there's always this week!
See you around the Internet!
Lee Houston, Junior
8 June, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment