Sunday, June 22, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JUNE 21, 2014

Well folks. I have finished Chapter 10 and moved on to Chapter 11 of ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.

Overall manuscript is at about 32,000 words, and while I'm about half way through my plot, I cannot tell you for sure how many chapters there will be when the novel is finished.
This is because when I plot, what I do is write down the main events within a project I want to cover. Like "Event A" begets "Event B", which leads to "Event C", causing "Event D" to occur, resulting in "Event F", etc.

Although I prefer to be more detailed in some instances, like when working out HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE mysteries; as I've said before, I like my plots to be flexible so I can be open to other ideas if they occur while I'm writing.

We've all had instances in life where something didn't go how we wanted and alternate solutions were needed.

Same with writing.
After all, they don't call it "Plan B" for nothing.

Meanwhile, my friendly beta/proofreader Nancy Hansen's busy schedule has cleared to the point where she can finally go over Book 2/Chapters 7, 8, and 9.

I plan to reread Chapter 10 before letting her look at it.
Of course it just dawned on me that I've never discussed the merits of having a beta/proofreader, but that's something that will have to wait for a future post.

Have a great week and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
22 June, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment