Sunday, June 9, 2024

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING JUNE 8, 2024

 With all work completed on "Operation Colossus" for the third volume of Robert J. Mendenhall's CODE NAME INTREPID CLASSIFIED ANTHOLOGY, my rereading of SOLITAIRE 2: THE AGENDA is proceeding apace.
I've added about 35 words to the overall manuscript since page 1 and am in the middle of Chapter 10 (of 29, to date) as I post this.
Once I get through Chapter 28, I can pick up where I left off before the infamous computer crash of Boxing Day 2023 and finish writing Chapter 29, let alone the rest of the novel, before I go on to my next project.

"But what will that be?" I had a fan recently ask me.
There are three possibilities.

1. There is MY SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL that I finished writing last year and still have yet to find a publisher for.
Once SOLITAIRE 2 is finished, I could reread that to make sure everything is as good as it can humanly be before trying it on the Submission Trail again.

2. There is the story I wrote for what would have been the sequel to Jim Beard's Super Swingin' Hero 1968 Special that was set in the 1970s. It needs to be rewritten before it can make its initial trip on the Submission Trail because the 1970s book was going to be a homage to the Marvel Comics magazines of that time, so there are a couple of Interlude scenes as well as some footnotes referencing what would have been the other tales in that volume that need to be removed so the story and featured character that I created can stand on their own.

3. The most obvious, of course, would be getting started on what will eventually become SOLITAIRE 3, subtitle to be determined as the novel progresses.

I would like to do at least #1 before moving on to #3, but in any event I should finish SOLITAIRE 2 first.
So with that in mind I'm going to get back to writing now.

Take care.
STAY  SAFE!
And I'll see you around the Internet.

Lee Houston, Junior
9 June, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment