Sunday, May 26, 2024

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING MAY 25, 2024

 While I celebrated completing my short story "Operation Colossus" for Robert J. Mendenhalll's upcoming third volume in his ongoing CODE NAME INTREPID CLASSIFIED anthology last week, I still had to give it a final review before submitting the adventure for publication.
After a little tweaking and sweating over everything from the first word to the last punctuation mark, the submission came in at 9,688 words.
At some point there will be a galley review before the book is released this fall, but there is no point in resting on my laurels, or my hardys.😉
(Private joke for fans of Stan and Oliver.)

So what's next?

It's back to SOLITAIRE 2: THE AGENDA!

Unfortunately, between the time involved creating "Operation Colossus" and the computer crash that tried to keep me from writing for almost 2 months before that, I'm going to have to go back and reread the entire manuscript from the beginning before I can pick up where I left off.
Especially considering that I do not have a complete version of Chapter 29 saved anywhere, which is what I was in the middle of when my previous computer crashed to begin with.
But like The Beatles sing... ♫Ob-la-di, ob-la-da. Life goes on.♫

So on that note♫, take care.
Have a great week.
I'll see you around the Internet.
And for those celebrating... HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
(There is no visible white "ink" for the middle word.)

Lee Houston, Junior
26 May, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment