Sunday, December 6, 2020

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING DECEMBER 5, 2020

 SO WHAT'S THE PLAN CHIEF?

First, don't call me Chief.😉
The SCI-FI PROJECT I've been working on for the last couple of weeks is finally starting to take shape. While only a couple of chapters into it right now, I do have a good idea of what to do with the novel.

Yet My Friendly Neighborhood Beta-Proofreader just sent me back the SOLITAIRE manuscript.
Alas that's not as great news as I hoped for, because she only got midway through the Tokyo section of the adventure, saying there were a few problems there that need to be addressed and fixed.

Hey, it happens.
In this case I've never been to Tokyo, let alone any of the other major locales in the SOLITAIRE novel.
Even without a pandemic in progress, I couldn't afford the airfare or travel expenses to check anything out first hand anyway, so I tried to research the situations and backgrounds the best I could from the comfort and safety of my own home. I do wish there was such a thing as "Frequent Internet Surfing Mileage" though. My credit in that unfortunately nonexistent account would probably already be at least six figures! 😀

Valuable lesson here folks!
There's no "mistake free" guarantees in any aspect of life.
When I finish the chapter I'm in the middle of on the SCI-FI PROJECT, I'll start going back over SOLITAIRE again.
Not sure how long the latter will take me, but better to correct my mistakes now than have a publisher reject my work because of them.

It just goes to show you. No one is perfect. Not even Yours Truly, which is why I have someone else go over and review my writing independent of my own editing to make sure each finished project is as good as humanly possible.

With that in mind I better get back to it.
Take care.
STAY SAFE! 😷
And I'll see you around the Internet.

Lee Houston, Junior
6 December, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment