Sunday, August 27, 2023

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING AUGUST 26, 2023

 Word by word, whenever I get the time to write between household chores and other stuff, progress is being made on SOLITAIRE 2: THE
AGENDA.

I have started Chapter 27 and am well into the 44,000+ word mark at this point.

Solitaire doesn't do much world traveling this time compared to her debut adventure. Part of that was intentional and part just how the novel has turned out.
I have always thought that the "trick" to sequels was not to attempt topping the previous book(s) and/or movie(s), but to present just as good an adventure as the previous outings without copying yourself.

Hopefully when this novel debuts (ETA: Sometime in mid-2024 at the earliest, depending upon when I get it done and submitted versus the resulting production schedule) everyone will see what I mean while they're enjoying the results.

As for the couple of readers out there who have already inquired as to what SOLITAIRE THREE will be about...
Nothing definite at the moment, but I am kicking some ideas around for after the manuscript for BOOK 2 is finally submitted to the publisher.

In any event, I better get back to writing now.

Take care.
STAY SAFE! 😷
And I'll see you around the Internet.

Lee Houston, Junior
27 August, 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment