Sunday, October 24, 2021

I'M BACK!

I'm home from the hospital but it obviously will still be quite a while before I'm feeling anywhere back to "normal" again.
My chest hurts from being cut open and my ribs spread so that the cardiac surgeon could perform the operation.
While nowhere near as life threatening as the aortic aneurysm I experienced back in 2007, my recent artificial heart valve replacement surgery was a necessary procedure. Otherwise, the calcium build up on the old valve would have reached life threatening levels.
So where does all this lead?

One should listen to their Muse.
At this point everyone is still saying 4-6 weeks recovery time, and I'm in no position to debate otherwise.
I have follow up appointments with both my regular cardiologist and the heart surgeon in November.
In the meantime, I am sitting at my computer trying to accomplish what I can.
Once I was able to sit down and concentrate for more than a few minutes at a time, it took me a couple of days just to catch up with my e-mails and all the well wishers out there.
Now I am trying to get back to writing, but at the moment am not setting any speed records doing so.
Still have the unfinished SCIENCE FICTION PROJECT and the SHERLOCK HOLMES story I started before current events loomed on the horizon.

But right now the only thing my Muse is saying is "Take your time and heal first."
Good advice.

Lee Houston, Junior
24 October, 2021



No comments:

Post a Comment