Sunday, September 5, 2021

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 4, 2021

"Elementary?" You try writing one!
Well, I did at least start what will eventually be a new Sherlock Holmes adventure.
I spent roughly a day and a half researching events to correspond with the basic plot and managed almost a full page of manuscript text.
In the end, I have what is now roughly the beginning and know who does what and why in regards to subsequent events, but since then...
BUMPKUS.
My muse, let alone Doctor Watson, have been strangely silent on the matter.
Oh well.
Thankfully there's no deadline on eventually submitting this story to a potential publisher, but I can see why even creator Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had difficulties at times writing adventures worthy of the great Victorian Era Consulting Detective, even going to the point of having Holmes allegedly die at the end of "The Final Problem" in hopes of going on to other projects.




I have gone back to my SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL.
Still in the reviewing what I've already wrote stage, for I think I totally have to rewrite, or at least heavily edit, the last two completed chapters before I can truly pick up where I left off.
UNFORTUNATELY, not sure how much writing I'm actually going to get done this week because my personal schedule is heavily booked as it is Tuesday through Thursday.
But one day at a time.

Take care.
STAY SAFE! 😷
And I'll see you around the Internet.

Lee Houston, Junior
5 September, 2021

HAPPY LABOR DAY!
DON'T WORK TOO HARD.😉

No comments:

Post a Comment