Sunday, November 8, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 7, 2015

Okay, Chapter 19 IS FINISHED!

Will be sending it to my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader after I finish posting this progress report today.

However, the manuscript to ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON WILL be going a full 20 chapters!





I have been thinking about my future projects after Alpha 2 is finished and submitted for publication.

I now have a plot worthy of Sherlock Holmes for that short story featuring the Victorian era's consulting detective that I promised Airship 27. I've also been considering a few short stories for some of their other anthologies, but more on that when those plans start edging closer to reality.

I'm also five pages into the other short story I originally committed to writing this year. Thankfully neither Holmes or this tale ever had an actual deadline attached (and I'm even more thankful that I met all those commitments on time as they arose), because in this case I'm dealing with a totally BRAND NEW CHARACTER and I definitely want to make sure everything is as right as humanly possible.

I've also been considering potential plot ideas for whatever will become Book 3 in the HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE series. Still not sure exactly what caper(s?) the detective of the far flung future will be taking on yet though.

Let's be honest with each other folks.
So far, 2015 has not been a great writing year for me.
Parts of it have been my fault, and for those I take full responsibility.
Others were influenced by things outside my control, and I just had to deal with them the best I could. Not as well as I would have liked to, but the best I could.

With this year only having a few weeks left at this point, it's definitely time to move forward and plan ahead.
No commitments at this time for 2016 beyond the plans I've already discussed above. Just have to take it all one day at a time.

Better get back to writing now.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
8 November, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment