Sunday, August 10, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING AUGUST 9, 2014

Yes, there is good news this week!

Have gotten Chapter 5 of the revised ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON back from my friendly neighborhood beta/proofreader Nancy A. Hansen, and she has Chapter 6 to review.

Chapter 7 is ready to send her after I get Chapter 6 back, and I'm working on Chapter 8 now.

But for those of you who think this just puts me where I left off before hitting the snag and the supporting cast problems that forced me to start over, I want to humbly tell everyone that is incorrect.

While going back over the last edition of the manuscript and salvaging all the original material I could, I have been also revising and adding scenes where needed.

This means that Chapter 8 to me is actually about Chapter 5 in the previous version, so at the current rate, somewhere between Chapters 11 and 12 I will be reaching the need for all new material to pick up where I left off before the rewrite began to finish the novel.

What this means to you, the readers, is that I will be presenting the publisher a much tighter, more action packed and dramatic story when I do submit the novel.

While I can guarantee that ALPHA, BOOK 2 WILL be finished in 2014, unfortunately I cannot guarantee that it will be published in 2014, and for that you have my most sincerest apologies. Yet, as I have said before, besides preferring quality over quantity, I want this manuscript to be the best I can humanly make it, for the groundwork I do in this novel will establish the foundation for Alpha series from this point onward.

Better get back to work now.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
10 August, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment