Sunday, August 3, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT: WEEK ENDING AUGUST 2, 2014

Still writing
Well, on one hand, I'm still between Chapters 5 and 6 of ALPHA, BOOK 2: WAYWARD SON.
Why do I keep running into so many problems you ask?
Because Book 2 is crucial to the future of the series.
I am setting up some major things for Alpha, as the fledgling superhero strives to find his place in the universe; and I want everything to be just right, or at least as right as I can humanly make them.
Granted, there has to be some suspension of disbelief when you're reading (superhero) fiction, but you still have to believe a man can fly, and find a lot of the other things that will happen in the novel at least plausible.

Meanwhile, I have made some
additional progress on my last short story commitment for 2014, and have scheduled my first short story for 2015, which will feature what is perhaps the most famous detective duo of literature. But the publisher is aware that I will not be able to start work on it until after I have finished honoring my 2014 obligations. Thankfully Airship 27 works on a "no deadlines, first submissions" policy. The two short stories I have already done for them will see print within the next 365 days, I just can't say exactly when right now.

Art by Mike Fyles
And, in case you missed the announcement last week, I have a short story in THE NEW ADVENTURES OF THE MAN IN PURPLE anthology that was just released from Pro Se Press under their Pulp Obscura imprint.

On top of all of this, thanks to its loyal readership, The Free Choice E-zine closed July with 4,139 page views!
This continues the streaks of:
1000+ page views begun September 2011,
2000+ page views started September 2013,
3000+ page views for the fifth straight month,
AND our second 4,000+ page view month ever!

So I certainly have had a busy week.
Better get back to "work" now.
See you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
3 August, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment