I'm still on Chapter 26, but at least I've moved into the 46.000+ word neighborhood on the HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE prequel novel PRIVATE BATTLES.
Not sure what lies in the week ahead yet. Errand Day will be sometime within the next 72 hours and there's the never ending battle of housework and other chores like making meals, so we'll just have to see how things go.
And for those of you interested, while I'm somewhere between the halfway and three quarters point in my plot at the moment, I have no idea how long PRIVATE BATTLES will turn out to be.
I can tell you that while there is no actual limit, because my plot looks more like a cross between an outline and a story summary, all the previous HUGH MONN novels wound up in the 30s, chapter wise.
Then again, I'm trying to restart the series from basically scratch to find a new audience with a new publisher (identity to be determined) since the old one folded and delisted all their offerings (including my works) from Amazon.
Yet to achieve that fresh start I better get back to writing now, so take care.
STAY SAFE!
Have a great week and I'll see you around the Internet.
Lee Houston, Junior
30 August, 2026


No comments:
Post a Comment